Sunday 11 November 2012

Less is More Challenge - Houses

Well if this wasn't a difficult challenge I don't know what is .. I made a complete boo boo I did not read the challenge correctly and my first card was not ONE LAYER so I went back to the drawing board!

The challenge this week was one layer with the theme of HOUSES!  This is my second attempt:

I kept it simple, but I wish my sentiment didn't look crooked as it took me so long to line it up on the block and get it straight  :( in real life it isn't I used a Stampin Up set that was not available in the UK called unchartered territory it has a light house, sentiment and a boat image.  I added some extra birds from the Up, up and away set.  I kept the colouring simple only adding dashes of colour with baja breeze, cherry cobbler, old olive.  The image looked like it needed something else so I added some shading with sahara sand which made it look a lot better.  The clouds you cant really see in the picture but there are some subtle clouds in the background.

Now this was the first card that I made that was not one layer .. I really should read the challenge before I whip up to the craft room

This is a very old SAB set from Stampin Up which had several houses, trees, clouds and the roofs for the houses.  This is the only stamping set that I own that has houses!  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink - I used the colours soft suede, old olive and cherry cobbler with some baja breeze and dazzling details for the clouds and added some lucky limeade bakers twine.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Debbie. I like the lighthouse and the very subtle clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Debbie, gorgeous cards, the lighthouse i so beautiful!!!! , fantastic soft colouring, two perfect CAS cards!
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab cards debbie... i have done it so many times

    Thanks so much for joining us
    Jen
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super cards - loving the lighthouse card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light house card is lovely... the other is too, but as you say not a one layer card! You'd be surprised how many times I've started to make samples for our challenges and then remembered about it being a one layer card on the second challenge of each month!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there-I really like your lighthouse card-you are not the only one who forgot it was a one layer week !-i wonder how many of us made two cards this week tee hee! :) xx

    ReplyDelete